Are you able to integrate my Big Commerce website with my Facebook Page?
Facebook Shop makes your BigCommerce store’s catalog available on your Facebook business page so users can easily discover your products, share them with friends, and check out right on Facebook. Orders from Facebook are managed from BigCommerce just like storefront orders.
There is no additional cost from BigCommerce to use Facebook Shop and it's available to all stores that meet the requirements. Facebook Shop and Facebook Marketplace uses Facebook Payments to process payments and charges 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
Connecting Your Store
Before you begin...
- Log in to Facebook.
- Create a Facebook business page for your store (if you haven't already).
- Your account must have an admin page role for the Facebook business page.
- Before submitting your application, your BigCommerce store must be launched and accessible (not Down for Maintenance) so Facebook can review and accept your catalog.
Go to Channel Manager › Facebook. Confirm that your store is using a compatible currency, then click Get Started.
Over the next few screens, you’ll provide details about your business. You’ll need:
- the Facebook business page you want to connect to your Facebook Shop
- your business address (physical address)
- your business email address
- a list of states you have offices in and the State Tax Registration number for each
- the shipping options you offer (free shipping, standard, expedited, rush)
- your return policy (number of days and customer service email address)
To set up Facebook Payments, you’ll need:
- your SSN (sole proprietor) or EIN (partnership or corporation)
- your preferred bank account information (routing and account numbers)
Facebook will review your catalog to determine if it meets its product criteria and conforms to the Facebook Commerce Product Merchant Agreement.
- If your application is approved, Channel Manager will show Your Facebook commerce application has been approved, and your products will begin automatically syncing to your new Facebook Shop page.
- If your application is not approved, Channel Manager will report "Your commerce application has been rejected by Facebook. You may update the information below and submit the application again." Review Facebook's policies to ensure your store or products meet all the necessary criteria.
- Merchants are typically notified of approval within 48 hours of application submission.
Once approved, the initial product export process can take up to 24 hours to complete, but you will begin to see products appear on Facebook within 1-2 hours. The amount of time it takes to complete the export depends on the size of your store and the amount of traffic Facebook is experiencing at the time. We will send you an email once all products have been exported. You will also receive a Facebook notification stating that a Shop Now Button has been added to your page.
- Your products must be approved by Facebook.
- Must be a physical product (not downloadable)
- Must have an image
- Must have a description
- Must not have a price of $0.00
- Must not have a price longer than 9 digits
- Must not have a product description in ALL CAPS
- Must not be restricted by Facebook policies
- Product options must be required.
- Product variants must have a SKU
- Text field options and file upload field options are not supported by Facebook Shop. All other option types are supported.
- Custom Fields are not supported by Facebook Shop.
- Maximum 25,000 products (including variants)
- Inventory tracking is not required. However, if tracking inventory, the product's stock must be greater than 0 to be purchasable.