How to Share Files and Folders with Dropbox?
How do I share files or folders in Dropbox?
There are several ways to share the files and folders in your Dropbox account. Before you share, you need to decide if you want people to be able to edit your file, only view it. If you need someone to be able to see your files, but not edit them, you can send them a link to that file, or you can give them either view-only permissions.
You can share files with anyone, including people without Dropbox accounts, by sharing a link to any file or folder. Shared links are view-only, and by default, anyone with the link can view and download its contents. How to share a link to a file or folder (view-only access)
You can share a link to a file or folder from dropbox.com, your computer, your phone, or your tablet. People who receive a shared link or shared file won't be able to edit the original file in any way.
Share a link from dropbox.com
2. Hover your cursor over the file or folder you'd like to share and click Share when it appears.
3. If a link hasn't been created, click Create a link.
If a link was already created, click Copy link.
4. The link will be copied to your clipboard. You can then paste it to an email, message, or wherever people can access it.
Share a link from your computer
1. If you haven't already, install the Dropbox desktop app on your computer.
2. Right-click or control-click the file.
On Windows: Choose Share... then Create link.
On Mac and Linux: click Copy Dropbox Link.
3. The link will be copied to your clipboard. You can then paste it to an email, message, or wherever people can access it.
Share a link from your phone or tablet
1. Navigate to the file or folder you want to share.
On Android: Tap the downward arrow next to the file name.
On iOS: Tap “…” (ellipsis) next to the file name.
2. Tap Share.
3. Tap Create a link.
If a link was already shared with this file or folder, tap Share next to Anyone with the link can view.
4. Select the way you'd like to share the link, such as email, text message, or social media post.
5. Fill out the information as needed to send or post the link.
How do I know how I shared a file or folder?
To check how you shared a file or folder:
1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
2. Click Files.
3. Navigate to the file or folder you’re interested in.
4. Hover over the file or folder and click Share.
If you see a list of members, you added members to your file or folder.
If you see a grey circle with a link icon in it, you shared a link.
If you see both, you both added members to your file or folder and shared a link.
If you shared a file or folder through a shared link, learn how to change its permissions.